Thursday, January 5, 2012

january 5: friends...

I have to admit...today snuck up on me.  I hadn't totally thought it through.  Part of me really wanted to just stay home.  As nice as it has been to have the boys home, I am starting to feel a slight tug for them to return to school.  

So, today was supposed to be about friends...  Fortunately, we don't have to look too far anymore! We walked a whole 2 doors down.  What was supposed to be an attempt at 3 mommas doing P90X for an hour, turned into an all day playdate...complete with fried green tomatoes (it's a hard, hard life...I know).  We have two families that have a bunch of boys just like us, and although my original plan was to be a bit more intentional with this project...hanging with this crew is pretty much what my kids have grown to expect.  It's funny, but they are more like cousins than friends. We now have 11 boys between us!  Each family has their kids in different schools and will play sports at different playgrounds, so their circles are going to be growing in the years to come.  We hope that this crew will have solid foundation and history, and remain close despite that.  This is the age where you start to remember your friends, and I want to make sure we are helping our boys become friends that are going to be wanted and valued by the other kids they are around.    

When it was time to go, I was glad we had gone.  The boys love hanging out with each other...I love when the boys are happy.  

Getting 9 boys (the babies were inside) to smile...quite a feat.  But here they are...the Band of Brothers...our little world changers...friends since the day they were born.  (It was an "arranged marriage", but it's working out wonderfully.)


Tomorrow, we have Game Night!

1 comment:

  1. Emmily, thanks so much for sharing! Your blog has been one of my favorites and I appreciate that you're writing in it a lot right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete