Thursday, January 19, 2012

january 18: cooking with dom...

This afternoon was rough.  From the moment the big boys got in the car, it was "What are we doing tonight?" "Can we go to a friend's house?" "Can we have movie night?" "Pass me your phone so I can play Angry Birds...".  Yikes!  Can't say that I don't know where it's coming from.  We have been ont he move since the day they were born...they've grown to expect a certain level of "fun" planned at all times.  But ya know what???  Sometimes, we STAY HOME!!!...and there is nothing wrong with a little weeknight routine.

So, apparently the stars aligned just right this evening for everyone to be just a bit cranky.  I was pulled in a million and one directions...one of those directions- cooking with Dominic.  He is usually my super kitchen helper...always sitting on the counter hanging out with me while I cook.  I really thought that he, above all others, was going to soak up this whole cooking night thing.  Alas, even he wasn't in the mood.  He did play along long enough to help make salsa and chop up our lettuce for our chicken tacos, so for that I am grateful.




Tonight definitely didn't quite go as expected (my margarita wine cooler made an early appearance), but taking a night a week to cook with each kid is definitely something I am going to continue to do. I think it speaks differently to each child.  For Elijah, he enjoys the praise for doing a good job. For Dominic, he enjoys the undivided attention.  Not sure what Joel will think, but we'll see next week!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment