Tuesday, January 10, 2012

january 10: mad/sad/glad...

Dinner time is supposed to be a time to recap your day with your family.  We ALWAYS eat together at the table...gonna try and keep that going as long as possible.  I see already, though, a decreased vocalization about daily events from my strapping offspring...my boys don't talk about their day!  So, insert "mad/sad/glad".  We don't always get a whole lot out of it, but they do look forward to the family spotlight, even if for just a few seconds.

Tonight, we all shared the same sad sentiment...Daddy isn't home.  Tad is out of town for a few days...sigh.

I tried to explain my purpose behind our nightly routine.  Hopefully it sunk in...either way, tomorrow I'll look forward to a tiny glimpse into what made their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment