Saturday, January 8, 2011

one week down...51 to go...

So we have officially closed out the first week of the new year! We rang it in at the home of the Cabiro's...we lasted til about 11pm which I thought was pretty good =)

This was the last week of holidays for Tad, we have enjoyed shortened work weeks and lots of family time this season. The kids got back to school and were excited to see their friends again. Mommy was glad the boys had somewhere to go so I could learn to miss them again =) The start of 2011 is going to hold a lot for the Patellas...we are currently looking for a new house, we are due to have our fourth child in February, and Tad's new position at Entergy will begin to really pick up. As far as the house goes, I have been having a hard time wrapping my head around the huge weight that this decision holds. We know we would like more space (a stay at home mom with 4 kids needs some elbow room, people!), both inside and out. We also know that the neighborhood we settle into is going to be one we will be digging our roots deeply into...we felt the sense of community at our last house and long to find more families to share our lives with...it's way more than a house. And as it is always said...location, location, location! Now there is definitely something to be said for being centrally located, but it's also about being located close to where your life happens. With my family living in North Carolina, and Tad's family leading normal busy lives...I have found that my support system since having kids has been my friends. Tad and I have put a lot of weight on friendships over this last year, and are really beginning to understand the importance of working on these relationships. That being said, we want to remain in areas where it is convenient to gather with our friends! Tack on my longing for charm, character, and potential and we have quite a refined search going =) We are confident we will find the perfect house...patience is a virtue.

We have about 6 weeks until the arrival of our 4th bambino. With all the hoopla involved in packing, moving, the holidays, and life with 3 kids and a husband, I haven't been able to stop and get excited about our newest addition. But, I am happy to say, I finally felt it...that little flutter of excitement about bringing home a tiny new life, full of possiblities and cuteness. I was in a little boutique in uptown New Orleans (Zukababy...ya'll should go=) ), and stumbled upon the cutest cloth diaper sized just right for a newborn. It was precious. My heart melted a little as I realized that I was again about to have a little human whose tushy was tiny enough to fit into this thing...welcome back excitement, I have missed you.

Other weekly happenings...Gigi (Tad's grandma) went into the hospital for a couple of days, but seems to be fine. Lots of emotions rise up with those kinds of phone calls. She is such an important woman in Tad's life, and has been my surrogate grandmother since high school...there will be more visits, phone calls, hugs, and "i love you"'s coming her way =) On a lighter note, we celebrated "Little Christmas" with Tad's other grandma, Katie...complete with muffelata's, family, and lots of junk food...a cute tradition that we hope to continue as long as possible.

Working on 2010:Part 2...and will upload pics as soon as I can find that dang USB...this house is a mess =)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for an insight into your family's life! I pray that the Gooch's can be friends on your support system list. Not only would it be a joy, but it would be a honor! We are also praying that you find the right house (although I am kinda pushing for the house next door)!

    ReplyDelete