Friday, February 4, 2011

7 days and counting...

Today marks one week until the baby arrives! I hope to document a lot during these next seven days, it is this whirlwind of feelings and events that will get washed away as soon as sleep deprivation and chaos sets in. Tad had off today, so with Elijah and Dominic in school, we took Joel to breakfast. We ran some errands we have been meaning to get to, and crossed some things off mommy's list of "things to do to get ready for baby". Looking forward to posting the little details that I am trying to take care of to make this arrival it's own.
This pregnancy has been different from the other three. I have been very distracted with life this go round. Only now am I really focusing on what this new life is going to bring with it. I am only now getting anxious. Once your youngest begins to show signs of independence (walking, feeding self, playing alone, etc) it is a little overwhelming to think that you are about to start totally over again. For the first time, Tad and I feel like this will probably be our last pregnancy. Have we reached the point where energy, emotions, and economics are all pointing to enough? Guess when bambino hits a year old we'll see where we are with that...that's usually when I get the itch to go back to work, only to become pregnant shortly after. Next year I may need to just take that job and buy a puppy =). Physically I have struggled more by far. I am now at the point where walking is a chore, and my next grocery visit will likely find me in one of those motorized scooters...(don't worry, we'll take pictures!) I have never felt this ready to no longer be pregnant! I am carrying similar to the other kids, but my supporting muscles are strained to their max.

This is our last weekend as a family of 5...hopefully I am able to soak up every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment