Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Taz!



It's hard to believe that it's been a year since our limo riding/fancy pants hotel staying 30th birthday celebration for my handsome hubby. This year was a bit more subdued, as we had had a baby 6 days prior. During one of my nighttime escapades with my sweet Abram, I was able to at least make a little sign to show that today was going to center around Tad...as much as it could. He left to bring Elijah to school, and my mom and I decorated a with whatever birthday decor we had kept out of the POD. Tad spent most of the day, unfortunately, at a funeral for a fellow firefighter...not the most uplifting celebration. Seeing as the kitchen isn't cranking out our traditional filet mignon and baked potato birthday meal, we opted to indulge in another favorite food...Popeyes! Tad and I left 3 of the 4 kids with my mom when we went to pick up dinner...we'd like to think of that as a "date drive". It wasn't much, but we'll take it! We picked up fried chicken and a ginormous ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins...yum!



(the girl misspelled his name...which I think is hilarious...Happy Birthday Taz!)


A trip to the mall wasn't in the cards, so Mimi helped the kids make homemade gifts and a card while we were out. They were really proud of their creations! Elijah made a sun visor, Dominic made a necklace/bracelet combo, and Joel made a picture with stickers.



I handed him Abram with a bow (not really, but that would have been cute).

Tad's mom came by for singing and dessert...


We put in a comedy central dvd, and fell asleep by 10pm...
I was a little disappointed that we weren't able to give him the usual treatment, but in a mini meltdown post partum session, Tad assured me that this birthday showed him what really makes him happy...being with his family.

1 comment:

  1. You give Tad more than he could ever want from a mom and wife, I'm sure! You're an awesome lady and we love you! By the way, happy birthday, Taz (I mean, Tad)!

    ReplyDelete